Most of the world's population spend about half of their youth in the workplace. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 45 percent of the world's population is in the workforce. In Iran, it is estimated that more than 5% of the population are working.
In different parts of the world, there is a wide variety of economic and occupational structures, quality of work and status of employees, job positions and economic activities, where working and work conditions are outside health and safety standards. Due to numerous factors that threaten the health of workers, the World Health Organization estimates that between 68 to 157 million people are afflicted with occupational diseases each year, with about 30 to 40 percent of them becoming chronic diseases and about 10 percent of them with permanent disabilities. While, according to statistical calculations, 0.5 to 1 percent of them also die, these numbers are still not well recognized in the world of occupational diseases; To this end, the main mission and purpose of occupational medicine is to maintain and enhance the physical, mental and mental health of those working in the best possible conditions. Setting up research centers can greatly help in this by organizing research activities and gathering useful scientific and scientific information; In this regard, the Occupational Disease Research Center of Shahid Rahnemoon Hospital, Occupational Medicine Clinic located on Farrokhi Street, has been set up and started in 2006 with the agreement of the Ministry of Health. The Occupational Disease Research Center aims to train more and better the specialized forces and carry out comprehensive research on community needs.
· Achieve new solutions in the field of occupational medicine and adapt the technologies of occupational medicine in the country with the best centers of occupational science in the region and in the world.
· Serving employees in various professions and promoting the health of employees and the community.
· Conducting specialized research based on the need and presenting the specialized research results required by the health system to policymakers through the implementation of research projects.
· Preparing research articles and educational materials extracted from research in various fields of occupational medicine and occupational diseases.
· Presenting research findings in national and international scientific forums and leading to research results in Patent.